Experience the exhilaration of becoming a newly minted graduate of Team Rocket’s famed boot camp. You’ve graduated from the recruit ranks and are prepared to dive deeply into Pokemon chaos. Your commanding commander has a special task for you and your loyal partner, and it all begins at a covert Rocket base nestled deep in the heart of Saffron City.
FIRST TASK: EXPOSING LAVENDER TOWN’S HIDDEN PAST
Your superiors have given you a crucial mission: infiltrate Lavender Town. There’s a lot at stake, and the city is full of watchful guards who won’t let you escape. Your mission has lighted the flame of your future participation in Team Rocket’s storied campaigns. You’ll venture to the mysterious Pokemon Tower in search of Cubone, with the ultimate goal of taking over the powerful Silph Co. and all of Kanto.
YOUR PERSISTENT ENEMIES, RED AND OFFICER JENNY
However, there are several challenges in your way, the most formidable of which is a young child named Red. He will stop at nothing to foil your plans, and Officer Jenny will be there to watch for any suspicious activity. Hearing whispers about the formidable Mewtwo’s imminent rebirth ups the stakes and makes you feel more compelled to complete your task quickly.
THE RETURN OF TEAM ROCKET: A DO-OVER
After three years of hard effort, Team Rocket’s future is still uncertain. You will be at the forefront of a bold comeback for the criminal organization if you keep going in this direction. Some of your goals include tracking down your elusive employer, Giovanni, cutting off Slowpoke’s tails, kidnapping the Radio Tower director, and disrupting vital radio transmissions.
A NARRATIVE OF DESTRUCTION AND RENEWAL
The rollercoaster ride of Team Rocket continues, and the shadows of its inevitable implosion loom huge. Is Team Rocket going to be a resurgent force, or will Red and Officer Jenny’s unrelenting pursuit doom you guys in the end? You control Team Rocket’s fate in Pokemon Toxic Purple.
- The author crafts the game’s overworld and sprites.
- There’s a new storyline, characters, and access to Johto.
- Playing as Jessie or James is not an option.
- Only Kanto and Johto regions have Pokemon; Hoenn and Sinnoh are devoid.
- You get to pick your starter as a Team Rocket Grunt.
- In this game, you can’t heal at PokeCenters; instead, houses involve more battles.
- Defeat trainers to steal their Pokemon, but only if your team has fewer than six already.
- Gym challenges are not part of the game; there are other promotion requirements.
- Many trainers are waiting for battles in the game.
- You don’t need HMs in this game, and teaching Surf HM to your Pokemon is optional.