On Nintendo Switch, a new Mario Tennis game will introduce a higher level of skill and competition than ever before. Mario dons his finest tennis attire and onto the court to engage in grueling rallies against a wide selection of playable characters in full-fledged tennis bouts.
Since the series’ last installment, Power Tour, was released for the Game Boy Advance, “Story Mode” has been absent from subsequent series installments.
You will need to be able to read your opponent’s position and stroke to figure out which shot will offer you an edge in the game of tennis, which will be made more difficult by recent rule changes. The narrative mode is the first one added to a Mario Tennis game since the one for the Game Boy Advance. It gives the game a unique spin on the tennis action by including several different objectives, boss fights, and other features.
- Compete in single- or two-player mode as one of more than 15 unique Mushroom Kingdom characters.
- Prepare the whole range of basketball skills, from simple shoots to advanced moves too quick blocks.
- In this energy-based sport, you may use your momentum to make a flying catch of the ball, pause the action, switch to a first-person perspective as you shoot, smash rackets, and knock out your competition.
- In Swing Mode, you may swing your Joy-ConTM controller like a real racket while playing locally,* online,** or anywhere in the world.
- Battle it against the computer in either the Mushroom Cup, the Flower Cup, or the Star Cup by activating Tournament Mode.
- In addition to the standard tennis action, the game’s Adventure mode adds several unique elements, such as a wide range of quests, boss fights, and more.