For gamers looking for a new take on an old favorite, Pokemon SourCrystal is the ideal game. SoupPotato did this fantastic ROM hack for the Game Boy Color, giving the classic “Pokemon Crystal” a new lease on life while retaining its familiar feel. On October 16, 2022, we issued a new version that is now stable enough for most instructors.
NEARLY TEN HOURS A DAY FOR FIVE YEARS
An “improvement hack” of the “Pokemon” ROM, “Pokemon SourCrystal” has been in the works for more than a decade. For the most part, SoupPotato’s goal for “Pokemon Crystal” was crystal clear: updating the game for the 21st century without sacrificing any of the game’s nostalgic appeal. Consequently, we have a refreshing new perspective on the genre that combines the best traditional and modern game worlds.
CHANGES ARE BEING CONSIDERED
For new and experienced trainers, “Pokemon SourCrystal” introduces many fascinating new features. Contrary to popular assumption, the “PPS” system, often known as “Pokeride,” is a game-changing innovation that improves the travel experience in any area of the world. This new addition improves the game’s immersion and facilitates exploration of the Johto region.
Improved gameplay, visuals, and many new surprises await you in “Pokemon SourCrystal,” giving you a newfound zeal for exploring the Pokémon world. The game maintains loyalty to the original’s essence while giving players a fun and demanding experience for all ages owing to improved graphics, new challenges, and other features.
THE QUEST BEGINS
The logical follow-up question is, “Why wait?” You’re about to embark on an adventure that, for the most part, you won’t soon forget if you play “Pokemon SourCrystal.” Enjoy all the conveniences of modern life while reliving the thrill of your favorite Pokémon adventures. As you journey about the Johto region, investigate mysteries, and make friends with sort of your Pokémon, you’ll be captivated by the perfect blend of nostalgia and innovation. Join us for another thrilling round of the game right away!
- Over 200 freshly animated front sprites with updated color schemes
- Dark Type converted into a physical move, while Ghost Type now behaves as a Special attack
- Trade evolutions transformed into items or ‘Covenant Orbs’
- Pokemon’s move pools and base stats have been modernized to match Gen 8 standards
- Updated attacks, effects, base power, and accuracy in line with Gen 8
- Introduction of routes 47/48 and cliff cave reminiscent of HGSS
- Modified Yellow Forest inspired by Polished Crystal
- The Kanto region has expanded to a 1:1 size, mirroring its appearance in Gen 1
- The New Pokegear app enables summoning specific Pokemon for overworld HM moves
- TMs are now reusable for multiple uses
- Levels have been increased to mimic the curve found in HGSS
- Fruit Trees have been separated into ‘Berry Trees’ and ‘Apricorn Trees’
- Kurt provides completed Apricorn Balls to players immediately
- Apricorn Balls now feature unique palettes in battle
- The Odd Egg now holds a 50% chance of hatching a Shiny Pokemon
- Viridian Forest, Seafoam Islands, and Cerulean Cave incorporated from HGSS
- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo can now be found in the same locations as in HGSS