Monolith Soft, the makers of Baten Kaitos and Xenoblade Chronicles, is bringing their next huge sci-fi role-playing game to the Wii U exclusively. After a horrible cosmic battle, just a few Earth survivors are left to attempt to survive in a beautiful but hazardous environment. The sophisticated fighting system, which builds on the success of Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii, pits players against formidable monsters of various shapes and sizes.
- Players may ride and operate an armed mech to explore every inch of the enormous open environment, which is rendered in stunning high-definition visuals.
- From little beetles to huge dinosaurs, the earth is full with weird and creative animals.
- Characters will master new fighting and defensive talents, known as Arts, as they advance through the various classes.
- As their characters gain new Arts, players may modify the Arts palette.
- All Arts have a “recast” duration, which means that once cast, the player must wait for a “cooldown” period before using it again.
- Everything about the main character’s look may be customized, including gender, forms, height, skin color, voice, and tattoos.