Join in online races with this updated version of the classic Mario Kart series for the Wii. One of the most popular Wii titles is Mario Kart. This title is the ninth in the series.
Wii version of Mario Kart Adds a number of new elements to the series, such as motorcycles, multiplayer compatibility for up to 12 players, and online competition via the Wii’s Wi-Fi connection.
The inclusion of character-specific items, which was included in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, has been removed, which counts as another “new feature.” When these weapons are removed, the racing experience becomes less varied and more uniform for all characters of the same weight class.
- It’s the biggest Mario Kart race ever, and you can play it with up to 11 other people using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or with as little as three friends locally. It’s possible to race in any mode or on any track in an online tournament.
- 25 playable drivers are at your disposal.
- Characters in Mario Kart Wii fall into one of three weight categories: Light, Medium, or Heavy, much as in previous games in the series.
- For global Time Trial events, buddy rankings, ghost data downloads, and more, head to the Mario Kart Channel on the Wii Menu.
- Experience the thrill of racing on brand-new tracks and stadiums, or relive the past by going bumper to bumper in a historic vehicle. Weary of the four-wheeled commute? Use a brand-new motorcycle for some fancy maneuvers.