A New Way to Control the Game!
Wii Sports Resort is a big, immersive active-play game with a dozen fun resort-themed activities. It has the same broad appeal that brought millions of people to the first Wii Sports. Wii Sports Resort is easy to learn and play, but it also has deeper levels that will challenge even the most skilled gamers. Wii Sports Resort takes players to a resort that is full of action and gives them a physical reality experience that has never been done before. Wii Sports Resort comes with a Wii MotionPlusTM accessory to give players the most realistic and immersive experience possible. Even the slightest tilt, turn, or twist of the Wii RemoteTM controller is picked up. As soon as a player skydives onto Wuhu Island, they are given a huge number of fun games that anyone can play.
- There are so many things to do on Wuhu Island that there is never a dull moment. Archery, Frisbee®, basketball, cycling, canoeing, power cruising, table tennis, air sports, bowling, swordplay, golf, and wakeboarding are just some of the things that people can do.
- The precise controls of the Wii MotionPlus accessory are used in the games to help players feel much more like they are playing real sports. Every real-world action, like a perfect drive on the fairway or a slice of the course, is meant to be exactly the same in the game.
- Each activity has several fun challenges that are meant to make people want to come back for more. Basketball players might take part in a three-point shootout or join a three-on-three pickup game. Archers must try to hit the target from farther and farther away and through more and more obstacles.
- The Wii Remote and NunchukTM controllers are used in different ways for different games. For example, in Canoeing, players hold the Wii Remote like a paddle, while in Cycling, they “pedal” with both arms and the two controllers. The Wii MotionPlus accessory can pick up even the smallest changes in movement and show them on the TV screen.
- Players can compete alone or against other players, depending on the game. Some activities even let people work together as a team.